They are super simple to make (and are fit for human consumption....my housemates and I all tried a couple and one said they would work well with cheese--although I kind of think they would work better as cookies if you added some sugar, eggs and butter...but I digress) and only take four ingredients. Your dog will thank you for them, I promise. My dogs (well my dog and my landlord's dog...both of which that live with me) are picky eaters and usually have a very discerning pallet. But they gobbled these up!
Ingredients: Flour, hot water, peanut butter, oats. And that's it. Really.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit or 180 Celsius.
2. Mix 2 cups of flour and 1 cup of oats.
3. Add 1/3 cup of peanut butter and 1 1/4 cups of hot water. Stir.
4. Sprinkle flour onto a flat surface and use a rolling pin to flatten the dough. I found that adding flour to the outside of the dough and on the rolling pin helped keep it from sticking.
5. Use cookie cutters to make the treats into shapes. I didn't have any, so I used the open part of the shot glass to make round cookies.
6. Place on a cookie sheet.
7. Cook for 40 minutes. Let cool thoroughly and then serve.
|The final product|
|Yummy...for the dogs anyway|
|Moby enjoying his treat.|
|Eugene enjoying a treat|