Every time I travel on a budget airline, like Ryanair or EasyJet, I typically buy a bag to check. Between my boyfriend and myself, this typically isn't too expensive, but recently, when we went to Ireland, the price had increased to the point that it was the price of taking an actual extra person on the flight with us. Already having paid to sit together, we decided we would skip the check-in and I bit the bullet and packed everything I needed for a three night trip in a tiny little bag. At first, I wasn't sure how I would get everything in. But surprisingly, I did it. And I didn't miss anything!
As many of you know, for several years, only liquids under 100mls are allowed on airplanes (purchased before security) and that each person only has a one litre put all of their things in. While this may be a breeze for men who don't carry much make-up or perfume, it's a but more difficult for us make-up loving ladies. Here are some of the things I fit into my bag:
1. Clean on Me by Soap and Glory
2. Sheer Blonde Kit with Shampoo, Conditioner and Hairspray (mix and match what to take).
3. Aussie Miracle Dry Shampoo
4. Simple Kind to Skin Exfoliating Facial Wipes
5. Colgate Pro Gum Health Toothpaste
6. Travel bottles to pack things you can't get in travel size/really expensive items you want to take a tiny bit of.
7. Hand Food by Soap and Glory
8. Ted Baker 10ml perfume--perfect for a couple days away
1. Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation
2. Bare Minerals Prime Time Eyeshadow Primer
3. Rimmel London's Wake Me Up Concealer
4. Falsies Volume Express Mascara by Maybelline
1) Any extras you need you can always purchase after security. Even full sized liquid items are allowed if you've purchased them after security, and you can bring as many as you want on.
2) If you're travelling with a guy or someone who doesn't need as many liquids as you do, put some of your liquids in their bag. As each person is entitled to one litre, this is a great way to get around that.
3) Figure out what the hotel you're going to is going to provide. Most have lotions, shampoo (but no conditioner!) and body wash. Keep that in mind when you're packing, so you may be able to skip those.
4) Skip things like cream blush, cream highlighter and cream eyeshadows, unless you can't live without them. Instead, opt for powder forms of these. The same goes for liquid deodorant--go for a bar instead.
5) Face wipes are a great alternative to bringing liquid make-up remover.
6) Pare down your shower and make-up routine to the minimum. Instead of bringing two mascaras (like many of us do!), just use one...or opt for day time false eyelashes.
You only have one litre. Use it wisely!